DONATE

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bad News, Good News, and a Common Blind Spot


Let me ask a question: When you think of a person who is a Nazi do you also think that person is a follower of the ideology of Nazism? Both person and ideology are thought of as evil, right?

Hmm… So why is a Muslim divided into moderate-good and radical-evil Islamic ideology when both the moderate and the radical both believe the Quran is the uncreated word of Allah? Or why do present day multiculturalists brainwash students and listeners that Islamic history during Muhammad’s life and the next thousand years or so are taught that this time period is the golden age of Islam? Keep in mind I ask about this golden age fallacy because one can account for about “270 million killed by jihad”.

Elsa Schieder addresses the hypocritical paradox about personhood and ideology.

JRH 2/3/16
******************
Bad News, Good News, and a Common Blind Spot

January 30, 2016 2:37 PM

Today, bad news, good news, and a way that most people - even those very aware of the threat of Islam - are asleep. 

Bad news. 
In Israel, the stabbings of Jews by Islamics continue. A mother was murdered in front of her children. In Canada, a man named Mohammed entered a Calgary nightclub with a gun and started firing. There was only one injury - bouncers tackled the man, subdued him. In Paris, a man with 2 guns, ammo and a Quran was caught in Disney Land. A 22-year-old Swedish woman, daughter of Christian refugees from Lebanon, was murdered by an Islamic so-called refugee at a refugee center for unaccompanied minors. (The supposed minor was over 6' tall.) Another story from Sweden: a 15-year-old Lithuanian student was murdered by an Islamic student after the Lithuanian student protected a non-Islamic female student from sexual harassment. In Berlin, a German-born Iranian Muslim man murdered a 20-year-old German woman by pushing her into the path of an oncoming subway train. I could go on and on.

I hear so many stories, and grieve for the lives lost.

Good news. There's a new Fortress Europe coalition. It's planning to hold mass demonstrations across Europe on February 6. And in the United Stated, a presidential candidate, Donald Trump, has declared that, if elected, he will stop all Islamic immigration until the jihad threat has been eliminated.

Will enough people wake up in time to save the West? My inner answer: yes. At what cost? We will see. I remember a film that gripped me when I was a child: High Noon. It feels like high noon, right now.

And now I want to pay attention to a way that most people are asleep. 

It should be obvious: Christians are to Christianity, what Muslims are to Islam, what Nazis are to Nazism. But just try and see - maybe even on yourself - and you'll almost certainly experience very different responses to the 3 things. I can certainly feel this in myself. My intrained [sic] kneejerk response re Muslims and Islam: of course one can't generalize about Muslims, Muslims are people, Islam is an ideology. My kneejerk response re Nazis is utterly different: within myself, I tar them all with the same brush - bad, evil, Jew-killers. As for Christians, it's also automatic: I don't feel any need to say, of course not all Christians are like this or that.

I did a mini-experiment with a few people when they spouted the usual line ("We must be careful not to negatively stereotype Muslims"). I agreed vehemently, that it's important to distinguish between Muslims (people) and Islam (ideology) - just as we need to make a distinction between Nazis (people) and Nazism (ideology). The people were stunned. Spluttering. Silence. What??

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, I have heard. Instead I could feel a powerful double standard, which these people - and most Western people, I suspect - hold, without awareness.


The biggest thing: Muslims are radically disconnected from any of the nasty ideology found in the supposedly perfect Quran. On the other hand, Nazis are 100% connected to The Final Solution (the plan to murder all Jews) - though The Final Solution is NOT in Hitler's Mein Kampf, in fact was not developed until 1942, the middle of World War II. Yet in World War II, there were no cell phones, no instant videos instantly uploaded, no selfies of SS guards herding Jews into the gas chambers. There was no Twitter, no Facebook, no internet. There was even no mention in the news - for the most part, outside as well as inside Germany - of the concentration camps. Not a single train track leading to the concentration camps was ever bombed.

Now there is a wealth of information on Islamic ideology, plus there are scores of graphic videos of Islamics quoting the Quran while committing atrocities. No one can say that Muslims have no access to knowledge of Islamic ideology that includes Jew hatred, belief in Islamic superiority, and worldwide Sharia, and an Islamic caliphate. In fact, there is massive evidence that millions of Muslims adhere to this ideology. About three-quarters of a billion Muslims (about 50%), according to some recent statistics, want worldwide Sharia.

So what is going, that now, with all this information readily available, Muslims are "anti-demonized", disconnected from Islamic ideology?

Just ask yourself: 

- Why it isn't even suggested that we need to distinguish between Nazis (people) and Nazism (Nazi ideology as laid out in Mein Kampf)?

- Much more important, why is it drilled into us (correctly) that we need to distinguish between Muslims (people) and Islam (Islamic ideology as laid out in the Quran)?

- But why it isn't drilled into us that we must educate ourselves as well as Muslims - or that Muslims are responsible for educating themselves - on Islamic ideology, so we all know the ideology Muslims are associating themselves with?


To me, it doesn't make any logical sense to demonize all adherents of one of these ideologies (Nazism), while treating adherents of the other (Islam) with kid gloves - "one must not generalize about Muslims."

We know the answers to these questions, actually. Islam is powerful. So are the politically correct. Nazis are not. It's easy to demonize those out of power.


Now for something else, something that shocked me, and made me do a lot more thinking about Nazis and Nazism.

It's something I came across accidentally online. I had to look twice to believe what I was seeing. I was so shocked I didn't even mention it to anyone for a week. I was looking for Silent Night, in the original German. I found a lovely sing-along version by Nana Mouskouri. Then, in one of those automatic changes, right after Nana Mouskouri finished, on came a German version of White Christmas. Nothing strange about that - except that it included photos of Hitler. (183,942 views. 522 likes. 87 dislikes. January 30, 2016.)

Sweetly ring the bells Christmas

As I said, I had to look twice to believe what I was seeing. Hitler at Christmas.

Then I clicked off the video.

You can see it here:
https://youtu.be/jE2vyGSbUVM

VIDEO: Weiße Weihnacht (White Christmas) German - Sing Along


Uploaded on Dec 20, 2007

This is White Christmas in German Sung by the boy choir Toelzer Knabenchor.
This music video is a continuation to last year's Christmas video of Stille Nacht (Silent Night) which I did. I've included subtitles if you want to sing along also with a few pics and video clips from Germany during Christmas between the late 1930's till the early 1940's. Enjoy!

A week later I went looking for the video. It was easy to find. Once again, it came on automatically after Nana and her sweet sing-along. This time I made myself watch closely, quietly.

I could understand the images of German housewives, little German children, German soldiers. 

And there is only one wish 

May there be peace on earth forever. Wonderful words. 

All that existed - people, not some strange monsters, celebrating Christmas.

I could feel the humanity of the young soldiers who went to war - like my 2 oldest uncles, 18, 19, both killed on the Russian front when my father was a boy.

Gone are worry and pain 

The celebration of love is now here.

But, as I've said, I was stopped cold at the photos of Hitler.

And I was stunned that this video played automatically. What was going on here?

One good thing. Most of us - including myself - are at pains to make the distinction between Muslims and Islam. Muslims are people - lots of different attitudes and viewpoints - while Islam is an ideology.

The video got me to recognize, on a gut level, how differently I have been trained to respond to Nazis and Nazism, than to Muslims and Islam. 

So, one thing positive, for me, about the images of German citizens celebrating Christmas during World War II is that the people were not demonized.

Sweetly ring the bells Christmas


One thing horrific is that Hitler was in there. 

That crossed my inner line so much that I did what I tend to do when something is too much. I pushed the video out of my mind for a few days. I "numbed out." But now I've done what I generally do next: I've thought about it more, and I'm writing to you about it.

I wonder: how many people, like me, react with shock when they see the video? How many don't think about it at all? And how many are glad of the positive images of Hitler?


By the way, I had another experience of the way that Islam is let off the hook when I recently attended a presentation on the rise of anti-Semitism in Europe. The presenter had many statistics - including that 91% of Muslims surveyed in (I think) Morocco were anti-Semitic. However, even when repeatedly pressed, he refused to make any link between the rise of anti-Semitism, the growing Islamic presence in Europe, and the anti-Semitism inherent in the Quran. Instead there were dismissive comments: basically, the Quran was deemed irrelevant. It was as if I were faced with someone truly closed to considering that there could be a connection between lung cancer and smoking.


And now, to all of us who care and dare, to life and to love,

Elsa

PS. American volunteers wanted to Stop the Stealth Jihad in America: The Truth in Textbooks Project. TNT (Truth in Textbooks) is joining ACT for America Education to form the most extensive teams to review social studies textbooks in the country. Training classes start in April, July and Oct 2016. The goal is to have a total of 300-500 volunteers fully trained by the end of this year. More information here:
http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2016/01/seeking-volunteers-to-stop-stealth.html
You can also get more information at: tnt@actforamerica.org

PPS. And this is if you are a British citizen or UK resident - a petition to ban Sharia in the UK. Please sign, support, send on:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107864

PPS. Strange what shocks us. I don't watch videos of beheadings. But I've heard of them so often that I'm not shocked that they exist and that millions have watched. On the other hand, Nazis not demonized!! That shocks me!!

PPPS. The next update will likely only come in 2 weeks.

PPPPS. More images from the video. 

May there be peace on earth forever


Merry Christmas

PS. For lots more, come to:
http://ElsasEmporium.com
___________________
John R. Houk Editor

© Elsa Schieder

ELSA, TRUTH SLEUTH:
MY JOURNEY INTO ISLAM

It could be about, how I came to find the wonder of Islam.
The words that come into my mind: The Heart of Darkness, the title of a novel by Joseph Conrad.

What I mean is that I found so many things I did not expect, so many things I could not admire. I would have loved to find a religion of peace. I did not. I feel as if I slowly stepped into a cave, slowly found lights, and had to recoil from what I found.

In one corner, the corpses of 600-900 dead Jews, murdered by Mohammed. The story isn't one I found in early versions of his story that I came across. But it's right there, hinted at in the Qu'ran, and spelled out in detail in the Sira and Hadiths (very revered Islamic religious texts). The story is right there.

But I didn't find the story until late in my exploration, when I already had a good idea of what kinds of things I'd be coming across.

The early explorations were much more tentative.

After all, I was told Islam was a religion of peace. But something did not make sense.

It was a bit like being a detective - Nancy Drew, say - young and innocent and very Western. Why was there this feeling of danger when I was tiptoeing into finding out about a religion of peace? The cave felt damp, and at the same time dusty. It felt that much lurked, that did not want me tiptoeing around, just wanting to look and see. But why should this be, if this was truly a religion of peace? After all, all I READ THE REST


No comments:

Post a Comment