DONATE

Saturday, March 1, 2014

VIDEO: I Am a Ukrainian

Yesterday I posted Justin Smith’s analysis of the goings on in Ukraine based on some interviews with Ukrainian activists he had conducted. Today I was playing catch-up on my Gmail (again) and came across a very powerful video of a Ukrainian gal declaring her love of her country and her weariness of corrupt Ukrainian leaders. You need to watch this!
JRH 3/1/14 (Hat Tip: Justin Smith)
*****************************
Posted by Whisper Roar
Published: Feb 10, 2014
Yulia Marushevska filmed by Graham Mitchell in Kyiv.
All other footage captured from various Internet sources.

To find out more about A Whisper to a Roar, visit:

http://www.awhispertoaroar.comTo see more of the Maidan and the people who are protesting there, please visit this website: https://www.facebook.com/maidaners1
********************************************
Yup, still running behind email reading. I came across a Facebook post by Justin Smith which I will post as an update to the above. I believe this is an email that Justin received then posted to his Facebook page.

UPDATE - JRH 3/1/14
******************************
From One More Wonderful New Friend
Posted by Justin Smith
From: Ms. Yevgeniya Goncharuk (activist, protester)
2/24, 4:37am Expand

Dear Mr. Smith,

I'm Galya's friend.

I write some thoughts about what happened in Kyiv, they are chaotic, but I decided to send them. I hope there are not many grammar mistakes.

"There is a pain in my heart. Ukraine washed with tears. Many different and difficult thoughts are in my head. Fear to forget. Fear to allow politicians to forget what had happened. There is no feeling that something great was achieved. I do not see a clear plan for how to remove the old politicians, judges and policemen. But I know that people have to learn to live by new, normal rules. There is hope. Perhaps, we should start with ourselves. Ukrainians are great, they are beautiful people. They surprised themselves. Suddenly they show, that they are brave, desperate and they deserve a better life.

The main thing is to remember all the mistakes and lies of every person, who worked in the government. Criminals have to sit in jail. How long will they avoid punishment? This is the only way to show others that everyone who breaks the law will be punished in Ukraine. Perhaps then people will start to follow the law. And then, I hope, we will understand what moral laws are". 
_________________________
Editor: I took a little editorial license with Yevgeniya message but I am sure here emotional accent still flows.  Take heart and God bless the Ukrainians. You can read Yevgeniya’s untampered version on Justin Smith’s Facebook page. By the way I just had a word epiphany which many will find silly; viz. Kyiv and Kiev are variant spellings of the Capital of Ukraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment