DONATE

Monday, August 5, 2013

I Owe Brig. Gen. Sharaf an Apology

Samson Simon Sharaf 2

John R. Houk
© August 5, 2013

I have been critical of Brig. Gen. Samson Simon Sharaf (ret.) of the authenticity of his Christian faith while being in the upper echelons of the Pakistan government via his nation’s military. I even accused him of having a dhimmi attitude. The General’s last post on my Google+ section brings me to the place where I must humbly apologize.

I still am not clear on a few things but that probably falls into none of my business. Needless to say arranging ministry meeting by the people he mentions in his post leads me to believe he is a brave man living for Christ in Pakistan. God bless Samson Simon Sharaf.

Brigadier General Saraf’s reply is to this post: “The Continuing Discussion with Brig. Gen. Sharaf of Pakistan”.

JRH 8/5/13
********************************
8/3/13 1:02 AM
1
Reply

Let’s put an end to this endless discussion. As regards your contention of open prayers, I arranged Dr. Marilyn Hickey's crusades in Pakistan in the open a few years back attended by hundreds of thousands of people. Healing crusades are common in Pakistan in football grounds. My brother in Law Alexandar Shosheel hold such gatherings all over Pakistan and so do many other charismatic preachers like Father James Shamaoon, Pastor Anwar Fazal and Evangelists like Pervez Sohail and Japeth Daniel. The distinction in faith between Catholic Charismatics and other Apostolic Episcopal Churches in Pakistan is nonexistent. All pray together. 

8/3/13 2:56 PM
1
Edit

Thank you for the discussion Samson sir. I can tell I annoyed you. I do have a knack for that but that was not my intention. I was just in amazement of Christians and patriotism in Pakistan. I have a huge amount of respect for Marilyn Hickey. And frankly I am impressed you were able to arrange an evangelistic campaign in a nation that it is blasphemous to call Jesus the Son of God in the open. Obviously God was in that work. AND it provides a better understanding of where your heart is. Thank you sir and be blessed in the Name of Jesus - Savior, Redeemer, Messiah and the Son of God Almighty.
__________________
I ran the Brigadier General’s post through a spell. Samson Simon Sharaf is an accomplished journalist that speaks many languages including English. The G+ post more than likely was written in haste which is something we all do in a comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment